Health & safety
M J Boyce Ltd is committed to high standards of health and safety.
We engage Safety Horizon (South West) Ltd as consultants/advisors to the company and hold regular meetings with them to discuss current and any new developments.
Safety Horizon (South West) Ltd are well known and respected within the road surfacing sector.
Regular site inspections are carried out, and our operatives are encouraged to be open and honest with concerns that they may have, and to voice any suggestions that they may have to improve health and safety performance.
We are pro-active on health and safety matters.
Health and Safety Statement
M J Boyce Ltd operates its business in a manner which actively seeks to prevent or minimise the possibility of its operations causing harm to people, to include employees, contractors and site visitors.
All members of the company accept degrees of responsibility in order to provide a continuous improvement in health and safety performance. We strive to identify hazards and, where these cannot be eliminated, assess and adequately control risks in order to prevent accidents or incidents.
Our employees have a direct role to play in the continuous improvement in health and safety and appropriate information, instruction and training is provided to enable employees to contribute to this improvement.
Our policies for dealing with the COVID19 pandemic comply with current Government guidelines, and as such are being continually updated in line with the latest information available.
M J Boyce Ltd is committed to the continual improvement and management of its environmental performance. This will be achieved by the following:
- Operating all sites in a manner that prevents pollution of the environment and complies with applicable legal requirements;
- Training all staff in the relevant aspects of our environmental policy;
- Assessing in advance, the environmental impact of any new significant facilities or operations, and mitigating against that impact, wherever possible;
- Regularly auditing site based activities to ensure compliance with the environmental policy and the environmental management system;
- Comply with all relevant legal requirements and to implement programmes and procedures to ensure that this is achieved;
- Setting site based environmental targets, based upon these objectives and endeavouring to improve environmental performance on a year by year basis.
MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT
We operate a number of internal checks to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery. Our organisation’s stance on modern slavery can identify no instances of this occuring.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
M J Boyce Ltd operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that organisations have never been convict